MRS. BURBUQE NUSHI – LATIFI is a public health specialist and a master of medical sciences. Since 1994, she has been working at IKSHPK as the leader of the water and sanitation sector. She is currently the coordinator of the Drinking Water Center in IKSHPK-Prishtina. For these 28 years of work in the water sector, he has been involved in many scientific projects and activities, both locally and abroad. Her experience is built by starting as a WHO collaborator in the environmental health sector of water/sanitation, a participant in the program “Hope Fellowship Washington & Kosova Leadership Program” where she graduated in the course of the study program “GIS-implementing in Public Health in Kosovo” at ABT Associates-Bethesta-Washington DC
During her engagement at the National Institute of Public Health, she led several projects in the field of drinking water:
- Coordinator in the project “Drinking water supply and healthy schools in Kosovo” 2000-2001, organized by UNICEF and supported by UNMIK and implemented by IKSHPK.
- Collaborator in the project “Feasibility study for drinking water in Kosovo” supported by the EU – March – September 2009
- Leader in the project for the transposition of the European directive on drinking water 98/83 EC and the drafting of the Administrative Directive “Drinking Water Quality in Kosovo” supported by the EU through TAIEX – 2010-2011
- Leader in the project “Technical assistance for the drinking water monitoring center/IKSHPK/ in fulfilling the standards required by the European Directive of water for human consumption 98/83/EC” supported by the EU through TAIEX – 2012-2014
- Leader in the project “Construction and application of the database for the quality of drinking water in the water monitoring center/IKSHPK/” supported by the Swiss Office for Cooperation, 2014-2016
- Leader of the working group to complete the amendment of Administrative Instruction No. 10/2021 “Quality of drinking water in Kosovo”, transposition of DWD 2020/2184 (risk assessment and risk management) supported by the EU and SDC-Office in Kosovo, 2020 -2021
- Member of the working group for the drafting and implementation of the Water Security Plan in Kosovo, project of SHUKOS with the support of RCDN and GIZ from the World Bank, 2021-2022
Participating in many scientific conferences and professional seminars on topics related to drinking water and environment.
She is married and has two children, lives and works in Pristina